History of Younis Khan and his Records and Achievements has ferocious marks on the history of Pakistan cricket. His achievements and energetic performances and astute leadership often led the Pakistani team to remarkable victories. Here is the article about his life history, achievements and records.
Younis khan’s life history
Muhammad Younis khan (born on 29th Nov, 1977 in Mardan, Pakistan) is a Pakistani Cricketer and a former Caption of Pakistani cricket team, made his ODI debut against Srilanka (under cap#131) on 13th Feburary,2000. In the same series he also made his Test Debut (under cap#159) on 26th of Feb,2000 and turned out to be a memorable one, as he scored a fighting century in the second innings, which unfortunately ended in a losing cause. and has since played over 150 ODIs for Pakistan. He has also played in over 100 Test matches.
Younis is regarded as one of the best players of spin bowling in the world, being particularly strong on the leg side. His favourite and trademark shot is the flick, but it has also been his shortcoming, with him being particularly prone to falling lbw during the early stages of his innings. He is also prone to getting down on one knee and driving extravagantly. But one of his main weaknesses is playing away from the body. Despite of this, Younis was one of the few batsmen who retained his place in the team after Pakistan’s disastrous World Cup campaign in 2003, but lost it soon after due to a string of poor scores in the home series against Bangladesh and South Africa. He came back for the one-day series against India, but failed to cement a place in the Test side.
It was his return to the side in October 2004, at the pivotal one-down, against Sri Lanka in Karachi that laid the groundwork for his emergence as a force in Pakistan cricket. Younis was the top run-getter in the disastrous 3–0 whitewash in Australia immediately after and on the tour of India, for which he was elevated to vice-captain. After a horror start to the series, he came back strongly; capping things off with 267 in the final test. It was his highest Test score that came off 504 balls in the first innings, to set up a series level.
Apart from being an accomplished batsman, Younis is also a skilled slip fielder and a very occasional leg-spin bowler. He has performed particularly well on foreign grounds, including on tours of Australia, India, England and Sri Lanka. In the six Tests he has played against India, Younis averages an exceptional 106, the highest average against India by a Pakistani cricketer. Apart from his 267 at Bangalore, Younis also made 147 at Kolkata in 2005 and a pair of centuries during India’s trip to Pakistan in 2006. More importantly, the tour to India also showcased his potential as a future captain of Pakistan and his energetic and astute leadership has impressed many people. Also in 2006, Younis made a century in the third Test against England at Headingley. On 22 January 2007, he scored a match winning 67 not out in the 4th innings to guide Pakistan to victory over South Africa in Port Elizabeth. The five wicket win leveled the series at 1–1. In January 2009 PCB decide once again to made him Skipper of Pakistani cricket team in all format, replacing Shoaib Malik.
Also read History and achievements of Shoaib Malik
This time Khan accept the offer and soon after it, led Pakistan to conquer the ground of 2nd T20 World Cup defeating Srilanka in finals.
Some month later he resigned from captaincy after the series vs New Zealand in Sharja and decides to take a break. In March 2010 his career seemed to come to an abrupt end when he along with Muhammad Yousaf,were banned for “discipline Infighting” however,after 3 months things literally become in his favor and he had called for series against South Africa in Oct,2010. He made strong return in both formate of the game and due to his Ton Pakistan were sble to draw a series in tests. From then onward, Younis has played many a significant knocks, the most recent masterful Khan’s 218 runs puts England on rops. He rescued Pakistani team to level seris as well as Pakistan become Number 1 Team in ICC test ranking after 13 years.
Batting Career Summary:
Younis khan’s Achievements and Records:
- He topped the ICC ranking and became #1 Batsman in 2009 after his blusterous 313 runs in his first test as Caption.
“Pride of Performance Award Recipient”
- In 2010 Younis khan was awarded by PRIDE OF PERFORMANCE by the President of Pakistan
- In 2015 Younis khan was one of the 15 nominees for ICC Test Players of thwe year.
- He is first Pakistani to score 9,000+ runs in Test cricket, Younis Khan’s 32 centuries are the highest number of Test centuries by a Pakistani batsman.
- In the third Test against Sri Lanka on July 6, Younis Khan became the first Test batsman in history to score five centuries in the fourth innings.
- Younis Khan and Muhammad Yousuf hold the record of most runs as partners in Test cricket for Pakistan.
- ]Younis Khan has 6 double centuries in Test matches.
- Younis Khan is the only Pakistani to score a Test hundred against every other 9 Test playing nations and 12th International player to achieve this milestone.
- Younis Khan became the third Pakistani to reach 8500 runs in Test cricket on 6 May 2015. He was the 28th batsman overall in the cricket history.
- Younis Khan was the 5th fastest batsman to reach 7500 runs, achieving the feat in just 90 matches.
- Younis Khan holds the record of most away centuries for a Pakistani (23), this is the second highest overall.
- Younis Khan is the first (and the only) Pakistani cricketer (19th overall) to take 100 catches in Test matches.
- Younis Khan has now scored 4000+ runs at number 3 in Test which is most by any Pakistan Cricketer with average in excess of 50’s.
- Younis Khan has most number of centuries (6) after the age of 35 among Pakistani cricketers.
- Younis Khan has scored three consecutive Test hundreds against Australia, a milestone, only shared by Herbert Sutcliffe, back in 1924–25.
- Younis Khan is the only batsman to have 60+ average in all the four innings of Tests.
- Younis Khan has Most Hundreds (31) among active Test cricketers.
- This is all about the marvelous life history , achievements & records of legendary Pakistani cricketer Younis khan.