This article is about one of the finest player in the history of Indian cricket Virat Kohli Biography, life history, family, awards, weight, age. Virat Kohli is an Indian international cricketer who was born on 5 November 1988 in Delhi, India. Virat is currently the captain of Indian International cricket team. He is one of the most popular batsman in the world. Virat Kohli was made his cricket debut in 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka. Virat plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier league tournament.
- 1 Virat Kohli Biography
- 2 Virat Kohli Education Qualification
- 3 Virat Kohli Awards Records & Achievements List 2018
- 4 Virat Kohli Awards for his Excellent performance
- 5 Virat Kohli Records as an Captain
Virat Kohli Biography
The first portion of this article will be related to the Virat Kohli Biography. He was born on 5 November, 1988. Virat is currently leading Indian team as in Captain in Test format and vice in ODI. His father was a lawyer. He started picking bat at an age of 3 years according to his family. Virat father was suggested by neighbours that he need not to waste his time in playing gully cricket rather he should go for some professional academy where he will be able to give a direction to his talent. Virat was trained in West Delhi cricket Academy. Virat first played for Delhi in 2002 in under 15 match where he showed supert performance by scoring highest runs for his team. He scored 172 with an average of 34.40. His cricket achievements made him the captain for the 2003-2004 Umrigar trophy. He played captain knock during that series & scored 390 runs in 5 matches with an average 78. These achievements also include 2 hundreds for Virat. Because of good performance, he was selected for Under 17 team. Virat scored 470 runs with an average of 117.50. He also scored double hundred in that match.
Virat Kohli Education Qualification
While discussing Virat Kohli Biography, let’s also discuss his educational qualifications. Virat Kohli started his career with the bat in the very his childhood. He also lead the U-19 cricket team in the 2008 world cup & won the title. Due to Kohli engagement with bat & ball, he did not get much chance to persuade his education career & his educational career ended at school. Kohli starte his education in Vishal Bharti. He was later on shifted to Savier Convent. Both of these schools are in Delhi. His educational career ended when he passed 12th Grade from Vishal Bharti Public Schoool.
In 2006, Virat kohli was selected for Under 19 cricket team. He showed brilliant performance in both test & ODI matches against England which resulted in victory for India. U-19 team coach was greatly impressed with the great performance of Kohli. He played in first First class match in 2006 where he scored 10 runs in first match. 2008 ICC Under 19 Word cup was important for him as Indian cricket team won that title under the captaincy of Kohli. He scored 235 runs in 6 innings with an average of 47. He was third highest run scorer in that tournament. His inning of scoring hundred against West Indies in group match was called as inning of the tournament. He was selected in IPL for RCB.
Indian Cricket team had won ICC U-19 ODI World Cup 2008 under the captaincy of Virat Kohli. That is a big achievement in his life history.
In 2008, Kohli was selected for Indian International cricket team for the series against Sri-Lanka which was a great life achievements for Kohli. He scored 37, 25, 31, & 54 in the first 4 matches respectively. Indian managed to won that series by 3-2. He was also selected for the series against England but he could not get a chance to play match. In 2009 ICC champion trophy, he got his first Man of the match award by scoring 79 runs which helped India to won that match. In 2010, Kohli was named as Vice Captain for the tri-series against Zimbabwe & Sri-lanka under the captaincy of Raina. He scored 168 runs with an average of 42.00 with the inclusion of two fifties. In that series, India suffered three defeats out of four matches & were out of the series. That series had a great life achievement for Virat kohli as he became the fastest Indian batsman to cross the 1000 runs mile in ODI.
Kohli from the very his career start, played a mature game which helped India to won many games. He became fastest Indian batsman to cross one thousand milestone in ODI cricket.
Kohli was the leading runs scorer for India in a series against South Africa in 2011 where he scored 193 runs with an average of 48.25. He got one of the biggest achievement of securing top 2nd Batsman rank after that series. He was the part of India playing XI in the 2011 ODI world cup. He contribute 83 runs partnership with Gambhir in the final against Sri-lanka that provided a push to Indian score after the early dismissal of Sehwag. He continued his performance in a series against England in 2011 where he remained highest runs scorer with 270 runs.
Virat Kohli Awards Records & Achievements List 2018
Since we went through a quick biography & life history of Virat Kohli, let’s discuss the awards & achievements he got during his career.
Virat Kohli has got a big list of records & achievements for his team. Whether it is an international game or domestic, he always presented his strong performance in batting on the field. For his excellent performance, he has also received numerous awards. Some of the major achievements, which he got for his team during the crucial games will be discuss below.
- He got the fastest century record in ODI for India by touching the milestone of 52 balls.
- Fastest Indian batsman to get 1000 runs milestone in ODI.
- Virat has got life achievement of fastest securing 7000 runs in ODI.
- Fastest for India & second fastest in the world to secure 10 ODI centuries.
- Fastest to get 1000 runs in T20 format of the game.
- While chasing down the total, he has got the record of scoring second most highest centuries with 16 in number.
- He has got most ODI runs in 2010 for Indian team.
- From 2012 to 2014, he remained top runs scorer for India in ODI.
- Kohli has got the record of being fastest cricketer in the world who has got 1000 runs in T-20.
Virat kohli is the fastest player to achieve 25 centuries milestone. That is a big life achievement for him.
- He is also the fastest to achieve 10, then 15, & then 20 fastest centuries in ODI.
- From 2010 to 2014 & then in 2016, Kohli has got achievement of being top run scorer for India in individual years in ODI. This shows his consistency & devotion towards his game. Throughout these years, he remained the most important & valuable cricketer for his team.
- Just like ODI, Kohli also presented his form in Test cricket. He is the highest run scorer for Indian team in 2015 & 2016.
- He was in ICC World ODI XI for the year 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Virat Kohli has 22 times got Man of the match award in ODI cricket. First time he got this award was against West Indies in 2009. Last time he got MOM was against New Zealand in 2016. All times, he got this achievement resulted in victory of India in that particular game.
- Kohli has three times got Man of the series award. First time he got this award was against Sri-lanka in 2012 where he scored 296 runs with an average of 74. Last time was also against Sri-lanka in 2014-2015 series where he scored 329 with an average of about 82.
Kohli remained a vital player of T-20 game. He remained Man of the match 9 times resulting all games in victory for his team.
- Kohli has four times got Man of the series award in T-20. First time he got this award was in 2012 against Sri-lanka while the last time he achieved this performance in 2015-2016 T-20 world cup where India finished in semi-final.
Virat Kohli Awards for his Excellent performance
For his great performance in all formats of the game, Kohli has been awarded with numerous awards. Kohli has achieve many records. Some of the awards which he got are enlisted below.
ICC ODI Player of the year Award 2012
This is the award presented by ICC to the best One day player of the year since 2004. Kohli has produced excellent results specially in 2012. He has 5 times got man of the match award. He also got Man of the series award against Sri-lanka in 2012 where he scored 296 in 5 matches series with an average of 74. This brilliant performance helped India to won that series by 4-1.
Kohli has 22 times got man of the match award out of which he got 5 times this award in 2012. This made him ICC ODI player of the year 2012.
Arjuna Award for Cricket
Arjuna award has been given by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India for the better performance in sports. Virat Kohli has got this award in 2013 for his excellent contributions in team victory.
People’s Choice Awards India for Favorite Sportsperson
Virat Kohli has got people choice award for the favorite sportsman in 2012. Although Kohli remained consistent throughout his career, but during 2012, his batting performance was at peak.
Virat Kohli Records as an Captain
- He is the first captain who has got three consecutive centuries on his first three innings of Tests.
- He is the first Indian test captain who has got test double century.