Shah Rukh khan also known as SRK is an Indian actor, producer, & television personality also referred as “King of Bollywood” or “King Khan”. He has worked in almost 80 films & described as one of the most successful Bollywood star. This article is related to Shah Rukh khan “King Khan” early life history, education, various awards & achievements for his various films & acting.
Shah Rukh Early Life History & Education
Starting with early life history, Shah Rukh khan was born on 2 November, 1965 in New Delhi. Shah Rukh used to say in interviews that he is a Pathan from Peshawar & his family used to speak Hindko language at home. Khan father “Meer Taj Mohammed Khan” was an Indian independence activist in Peshawar. His mother “Lateef Fatima” was the daughter of senior government engineer. Khan father had several businesses including restaurant. They lived in rental apartments. Khan has described himself as “half hyderabadi” & “half pathan” & “some kashmiri” on twitter. Shah Rukh khan started his education journey by attending St. Columba School in central Delhi where along with studies, he also got excellence in sports including Hockey & Football. He got several awards from school including “Sword of Honor”. Khan started taking interest in acting from the very childhood of his life & took part in several stage plays. He was greatly appreciated for his imitations for several actors. Khan got admission in Hansraj College in Bachelor of Economics but he spent most of time in Delhi’s Theatre Action Group where he started studying acting under the mentorship of Barry John. Khan continued his studies for Master’s degree in Mass Communication at Jamia Millia Islamia but he left that institute in order to persuade his acting career. Khan also attended the “National School of Drama”.
Also Read: Virat Kohli Life History & Awards
Shah Rukh Khan acting Career
Khan started his acting career by working in a television series “Dil Dariya” in Lekh Tendon in 1988 but its production got delayed. In 1989, “Fauji” became its television debut. Khan appearing & look in serials led critics to compared with the famous film actor Dilip Kumar. Khan did not think about working in films at that time as he said that he is not good enough to do so right now. Khan decided to start working in Bollywood films in 1991. His first film “Deewana” was released in 1992. Deewana became the hit movie & khan received “Filmfare Best Male Debut” award for his excellent performance. He also worked in several other movies including Dil Aashna Hai, Chamatkar. After that Khan worked in many films & he never looked back. Most of his successful films as Devdad, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Don 2, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Om Shanti Om, & Happy New Year. Most of the films of Khan were awarded with filmware award & almost all of his films were nominated in that award.
Also Read: Sachin Tendulkar Awards & Achievements
Shah Rukh Khan Awards & Achievements List
Shah Rukh is known is king of Bollywood for his excellence performance & acting. He not only remained an actor but a producer, playback singer, action director, & television personality. Shah Rukh khan worked in many movies & for his best performance, he has been awarded with many awards which are titled below.
Shah Rukh Khan National Honors
- Khan got best Indian citizen award in 1997.
- Rajiv Gandhi Award for his excellence in entertainment in 2002.
- Indian fourth highest civilian award “Padma Shri” in 2005.
- Global Entertainment and Media personality Award in 2010.
- For his promotion of Urdu, he received honorary doctorate from “Maulana Azad National Urdu University” in 2016.
SRK International Honors
- In 2004, Times magazine selected khan in the list of twenty Asian heros.
- In 2009, Khan was awarded with honorary doctorate in arts and culture by University of Bedfordshire.
- In 2009, Khan was given black belt honorary in taekwondo by South Korean government.
- In 2013, Khan was appointed as goodwill ambassador by the government of South Korea.
- Khan is recognized as world second richest actor in 2014.
- Was awarded with Global Diversity Award in 2014.
- In 2014, SRK was awarded with Legion of Honor, which is the highest Civilian award of France.
- In 2015, Khan won the award for his outstanding contributions to the cinema at “The Asian Awards”.
Most of Shah Rukh Khan films have gt filmfare awards. These films include Deewana, Anjaam, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Devdas, Om Shanti Om, Don 2, etc.
Some Other Awards of Shah Rukh Khan
- Khan got ‘Aashirwad Award: Best Actor’ in 1999 for his film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”.
- Got Disney Kids channel award in 2003.
- In 2005, Khan got Sports World Film Award.
- In 2012, Khan got ETC Bollywood Business Awards.
- In 2013, he got Indian most attractive personality award.
- In 2013, featured on Forbes as most powerful Indian celebrity.