Sachin Tendulkar is regarded as one of the finest & greatest player of all times in the history of cricket. He has made the record of achieving century of centuries. Sachin also known as little master is the leading run scorer in ODI & tests. His early life history, a good list of records, achievements & awards he got for his excellent services for his team will be discuss in this article.
Sachin Tendulkar Life History:
The first portion of the article will cover the early life history of Little Master. He was born on 24 April, 1973. Sachin father Ramesh Tendulkar was a novelist & her mother worked in an insurance company. Sachin has got 3 elder siblings. Sachin was selected at Achrekar academy because of his natural talent for cricket. The game of sachin made Achrekar impressed & he suggested Sachin to another school which has got independent cricket team & has produced many stars. On 14 November, 1987, Tendulkar was selected to represent Bombay in Ranji Trophy. Sachin did not get a chance to play in 11 man team but he was often entered as an substituted fielder.
Sachin also missed the chance to play with Sunil Gavaskar who got retired from all formats of the game after 1987 World Cup.
Tendulkar became the youngest player to score 100 while playing against Gujrat on his debut for Bombay. That was a big achievement in Sachin life history. In 1988-1989 season, Tendulkar finished as the leading run scorer for Bombay with 583 runs with an average of 67.77. Sachin first double hundred came against visiting Australia in 1998.
Tendulkar played his first Test against Pakistan in Karachi in 1989 where he only scored 15 runs when he was bowled out by Waqar Younis. In the test series, Tendulkar scored 215 runs with an average of 35. Sachin became the youngest Indian player to debut in test & ODI that is a big achievement in his life. Sachin once open the inning against New-Zealand in 1994 where he scored 82 run of just 49 balls. Sachin scored his debut ODI century against Australia in 1994. It took him about 78 International One day matches to do so. Tendulkar was the top rated Batsman during 1996 World Cup where he scored 2 centuries. In 1999, when India was chasing a total of 271 against Pakistan, Sachin scored 136 runs & after the wicket of Tendulkar, who batting line collapsed & resulted in victory of Pakistan by 12 runs.
Sachin Tendulkar life history as an Captain
Sachin has got a good career as a good batsman but as far as his captaincy tenure is concern, he is not too much lucky in this regard. Tendulkar was handed over the captaincy of team in 1996 but team did not perform well under his captaincy. When India visited Australia, they were badly lost by 3-0 but Tendulkar managed to achieve the man of the series award. That was a big award for tendulkar. Under the captaincy of Sachin, India had played 25 Test matches out of which only four resulted in victory while 9 were lost. ODI captaincy record is also not too good as Sachin just succeeded in 23 ODI out of 73 in which he presented his leadership.
Azharuddin said that he would not win. Its not in the small one destiny.
|Sachin record as an Captain of Indian team|
On 18 July, 2007, Tendulkar became the third cricketer to crossed the milestone of 11000 runs in Test cricket. In the one day series against England in the same tour, Sachin was the leading run scorer with 278 runs. That was another tremendous achievement in Sachin cricket life. Sachin use to get out after crossing the edge of 90. In 2007, he was out for seven times between 90 & 100. Three times, he was caught on 99.
Its saying that Sachin struggles to cope with the pressure when he enters into 90 figure.
In 2007-2008 tour of Australia, Sachin remained leading run scorer with 493 runs in four test matches series. On the new year test match at Sydney, he also scored 154 runs. Tendulkar became the only batsman to cross the milestone of 16000 runs in the commonwealth bank tri-series between Sri-lanka & Australia. In 2008 series against Sri-lanka, Sachin did not perform well & only scored 95 runs in 3 three test matches. Before that series, he required 177 runs in order to cross Brain Lara in tests.
|Test Career of Sachin Tendulkar in a glance|
Breaking of Brain Lara record
When Australia visited India, Sachin get up with his full fitness. He scored 88 runs in the first inning of the second test match to break the Lara record of most number of runs in Test cricket. Also Sachin crossed the marked of 12000 runs. India won that series by 2-0. Sachin did a great contribution with his bat in India victory.
Also Read:Yuvraj Singh Life history & Records
ICC ODI World Cup 2011
India, Bangladesh, & Sri-lanka hosted the World cup 2011. Sachin showed great performance with bat by scoring 482 runs with a great average of of 53.55. This life achievement of little master also include 2 centuries. Another award for Sachin for that he was the leading run scorer for Indian team. This shows Sachin fitness & hard work. The best part of this world cup was that India beat Sri-lanka in the final & Sachin got a chance to lift the world cup trophy for the first time in his 20 years career. This was the most awaited moment for Sachin for which he has played many World cup but at last, he got this award & achievement in 2011.
Tendulkar scored his most awaited 100th International hundred against Bangladesh on 16 March, 2012. It was first ODI hundred for Sachin against Bangladesh & 100 hundred in his International cricket career. He became the only cricketer to do so.
Sachin Tendulkar Retirement from the International Cricket
In 2012, after the poor performance against England, Sachin announced his retirement from the International career. He further said that he will play test cricket. Ganguly presented his view that Tendulkar could had played in the upcoming series against Pakistan.
Anil Kumble said that its tough to see Indian cricket team list without Sachin Tendulkar.
Javagal Srinath presented his view that Sachin changed the way ODI cricket has been played from the very start he started playing against New Zealand.
Sachin had already announced his retirement from T20 career after the lone match against South Africa. He announced his retirement from IPL career after his team Mumbai Indians had beaten CSK by 23 runs in 2013. That was the final of IPL & MI have lifted up the trophy of that IPL edition.
|Sachin Tendulkar career in T20 Cricket|
Sachin Tendulkar Awards, Records & Achievements list
Sachin Tendulkar remained the highest run scorer in Tests & ODIs. He has played numerous winning knocks for Indian team. We will discuss some of the awards, records, & achievements which Sachin has got in this portion of article.
- Sachin is the leading run scorer in ODI & test format of the game. Sachin has got 18426 & 15921 runs in ODI & tests respectively. He is the first Indian who has crossed the milestone of 50000 runs in all formats including domestic & International cricket.
- Sachin has got the record of hitting century of centuries. He has got 51 centuries in Tests & 49 in ODI, He scored his 100th century against Bangladesh. This was the most awaited century.
- Sachin played 200 Tests & 463 ODI matches.
- Sachin holds the record for remaining the part of the team which has won most matches. Indian team has won 234 matches under his presence in the team in ODI.
- Sachin remained Man of the match 13 times in Tests. He got 4 times man of the series award. This is also a big achievement in Sachin awards list.
- Tendulkar has done great performance in ICC World cups too. He scored 523 runs in 1996 & 673 in 2003 World cup. That is a big achievement for him.
Sachin Tendulkar Awards
There is a huge list of awards for Little master. Some of the top awards are entitled.
- For Sachin outstanding performance, he has been awarded with Arjuna Award in 1994.
- Sachin has been given the Indian highest honor award of Ranjiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 1998-1999.
- He got Padmi Shri award in 1999. This is the 4th highest Indian civilian award.
- Sachin got India second highest Civilian award of Padma Vibhushan in 2008.
- Sachin was awarded with the highest civilian award of Bharat Ratna in 2014.
- Sachin got Wisden cricketer of the year award in 1997.
- Sachin was awarded with man of the tournament award of 2003 for his excellent batting performance. Sachin scored 673 runs.
- Sachin was part of ICC World ODI XI for the year 2003,2004, & 2010.
- Sachin got people choice award in 2010.
- In 2010, Tendulkar also got LG people choice award. This the big achievement in his cricket life history.
- Sachin got BCCI cricketer of the year 2011 award.
- Got Castrol Indian cricketer of the year 2011.
- Sachin was given Honorary Life membership of Sydney cricket ground in 2012.
Sachin Autobiography Playing it My Way was released in 2014 & it had broke all the records & has approximately got 1 lack & 50 thousands copies.
Sachin was voted as the Greatest Sportsman of the country by a poll organized by Zee News. Time magazine named Sachin as Asian hero.
- Sachin has received Man of the match award 15 times in Test. First time, he got this award was against England in 1990 where he scored ton in both innings.
- Last time Sachin remained Man of the Match in test was in 2010 against Australia where he scored double hundred in the first inning & fifty in the second inning.
- Sachin has 5 times received man of the series award. First time, he remained man of the series was in 1997-1998 series against Australia where he scored 446 in five innings. Last time he also got this award against Australia in 2010 where he scored 403 runs.
- Sachin has got 62 times Man of the Match in ODI. First time he got this award was in 1990-1991 against Sri-lanka where he not only show great with bat but also with the ball. Sachin scored 53 runs & also took 2 wickets.
- Last time Sachin got MOM award in ODI was in 2011 against Pakistan where Sachin scored 83 runs.