There may be a long list of players who have got a big list of ODI centuries but then there come Rohit Sharma, the one who has two times got two ODI double hundreds most by any player. He is currently the highest run scorer in individual inning in ODI. This article will be related to Rohit Sharma early life history, his various records & achievements & a list of awards which he got for his fantastic performance for his team.
Rohit Sharma Early Life History
Getting start with the early life history of Rohit Sharma, he was born on 30 April, 1987 in Maharashtra. His father works as caretaker at transport firm storehouse. Because of the family income problems, Rohit was brought up by his Grandparents & uncle. His has also got a younger brother named as Vishal Sharma. Rohit started his International career for India in 2007 against Ireland. He did not get a chance to bat on his debut. While playing against Pakistan in 2007, he scored his first ODI fifty which is a big achievement in his life history. Rohit showed great performance by scoring 50 runs of just balls against South Africa in ICC cricket world T20 cup 2007. India was in a crucial stage when it has lost its 4 major wickets just for 61 runs. Rohit combined hands with skipper MS Dhoni in a partnership of 85 runs which not only helped India to won the game but also reached in Semi of the tournament.
Also Read: MS Dhoni Life history & Achievements
Rohit inning of 50 runs of just 40 balls helped India to won the important match against South-Africa in ICC T20 World cup 2007. This helped India to reach in the World cup semi.
Rohit got record of scoring his debut ODI century against Zimbabwe in 2010. He continued his brilliant performance by scoring another ton against Sri-lanka. In 2013, Rohit Sharma was tested as new opening batsman for the ICC champion trophy & then the tri-nation series which was held in West-Indies. Rohit showed great performance with the bat to help India winning the Champion trophy the tri-nation series. He then showed great performance of his career & created big record of scoring 209 runs against Australia of just 158 balls. He also struck 16 sixes while playing in Bangalore which is the most number of sixes hit by a batsman in an ODI inning. The big record came in 2014 while playing against Sri-lanka where Rohit achieved his life achievement of scoring 264 runs. He is became the first batsman to cross 250 runs milestone in ODI cricket. He also broke down the Sehwag record of 219 runs in an ODI inning which is a big achievement in his life history.
Rohit Sharma Records & Achievements
Rohit Sharma is the only batsman in the world who has scored two double hundreds in ODI. He has got numerous innings with the bat which helped Indian team to won many matches. We have enlisted some of the awards, achievements & records below.
- Rohit scored 106 of just 66 balls on 2nd of October, 2015. With this inning, he became the second Indian batsman to score century in T20.
- Rohit is the only Indian player to score two double hundreds in ODI. He scored 264 runs against Sri-lanka in 2014. He also broke the record of Shane Watson for scoring most runs by fours & sixes in ODI inning. He scored 186 runs through boundaries & sixes.
- Sharma has got record of scoring highest number of fours in an ODI inning. He hit 33 boundaries.
- Sharma has also got a big record of getting a hat-trick in IPL.
Rohit Sharma Awards
- Rohit Sharma was awarded with Arjuna award in 2015 by the government of India for his outstanding performance for his country in cricket.
- Rohit was awarded with ESPNcricinfo best ODI batting award for his outstanding knock of 106 runs of 66 balls in T20.
- He has also won ESPNcricinfo best ODI batting performance award for his two double ODI hundreds which he scored in 2013 & 2014.