Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam also known as APJ Abdul Kalam was the former Indian President from 2002-2007. He was a scientist turned statesman. He studied Physics and Aerospace Engineering. He had spent the next four decades of his life as scientist. This article is about A.P.J Abdul Kalam Education Qualification, various awards and achievements he got during his life for his excellence to his services.
A.P.J Abdul Kalam Education Qualification
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October, 1931 to a Tamil Muslim family on Pomban Island. His father was a boat owner & was the Imam of the Mosque & his mother was housewife. Abdul Kalam was the youngest of four brother and a sister in his family. His ancestors were wealthy traders. When he was in his childhood, his family was very poor. He had to sell newspapers to earn.
During his early days at school, Abdul Kalam was described as a bright student who had a strong desire to learn. Abdul Kalam usually spent hours on his studies specially Mathematics. Abdul Kalam completed his early education at Schwartz Higher Secondary School, Ramanathapuram. He then attended Saint Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli. He was then affiliated with University of Madras from where he did his graduation in Physics in 1954. After his graduation, Abdul Kalam further persuaded his education and moved to Madras & took admission in aerospace Enginnering in Madras Institute of Technology.
A.P.J Abdul Kalam Achievements And Accomplishments
- P.J Abdul Kalam joined Defense Research & Development Organization after completing his graduation from Madras Institute of Technology in 1960 but he did not feel home at Defense Research & Development Organization.
- He got the government approval to expand his program by including more engineers and scientists in 1969.
- He worked as project director for SLV-IIII at Indian Space Research Organization. It was Indian first Indigenous satellite launch vehicle. It was successfully launch on July, 1980. Abdul Kalam had got a major contribution in expanding the Indian space program.
- Abdul Kalam was the Chief Scientist Adviser to the PM & Secretary Defence from 1992 to 1999.
- In 2002, all the Politicial parties voted for Abdul Kalam as the 11th President of India.
- After Abdul Kalam completion of term as President, he became the visiting professor. He had got a major contribution in launching different initiatives for youth.
A.P.J Abdul Kalam Awards List
- In 1981, Abdul Kalam got Padma Bhushan award from Government of India.
- In 1990, he got Padma Vibhushan from Government of India.
- He got Bharat Ratna in 1997 from Indian Government.
- He got Ramanujan Award from Research Centre, Chennai in 2000.
- Abdul Kalam got Honorary Doctorate of Science from University of Wolverhampton in 2007.
- In 2009, he got International von Karman Wings Award from California Institute of Technology, US.
- In 2010, Abdul Kalam got Doctor of Engineering from University of Waterloo.
- In 2014, he got Doctor of Science from Edinburgh University, UK.
Also Read: Sachin Tendulkar Awards
Best 5 Quotes of A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.
- All of us do not have equal talent. But , all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
- You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
- Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.
- Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.