Aamir Khan is an Indian film actor, director, & producer who has established himself as a most influential actor of Bollywood. He is recipient of several awards including National Film awards, Firmfare award, Padmi Shri, & much more. He is the reason behind several top hit movies like PK, 3 idiots, Doom 3, Dangal, etc. Aamir khan brief life history, early education, various awards & achievements he got will be discuss in this article.
Aamir Khan Early Life History & Education
Starting with early life history, Aamir Khan was born on 14 March, 1965 in Mumbai. His father Tahir Hussain was a film producer. Many of relatives of Khan were members of Bollywood film industry. Khan was related to Abdul Kalam Azad through his Grandmother. Khan from the very his childhood starting appearing on screen in minor roles. Khan appeared in the popular song of Nasir Hussain at the age of eight. Khan started his education at J.B. Petit School for his pre-primary education & then took admission in St Anne High School, Bandra till the eighth grade. Khan completed his 9th & 10th grade at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim. Along with studies, Aamir was also equally involved in sports & games. He completed his 12th grade from Mumbai Narsee Monjee college. Khan described his childhood period as difficult & tuff because of financial problems. His father was facing financial problems because of unsuccessful films. He was also at risk of being expelled out from school because of non-payment of fees.
Also Read: Virat Kohli Awards & Achievements
There would be at least 30 calls a day from creditors calling for their money.
Aamir Khan acting Career (Debut & Challenges)
Khan had worked in several documentaries directed by students. Ketan Mehta (Director) had noticed Khan role in those documentaries & offered him a role in an experimental movie Holi. That film was not able to impress the audience. Khan role was of a rowdy college student. Khan was then signed by Nasir Hussain & his son Mansoor in the Mansoor debut film Qayamat say Qayamat tak. This film got a big success. It also received seven Filmfare awards which also include Best Male Debut trophy for Aamir Khan. Khan Bollywood journey keep on moving & he released five films in 1990 out of which Dil movie got a big success while other four were not able to impress the audience. Khan appeared in several other movies in late 90’s including Rangeela, Andaz Apna Apna, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, etc & most of them got success.
Also Read: Shah Rukh Life History & Awards
The major commercial success film for Khan was in 2008 named as Ghajini which became the highest grossing Bollywood movie of that year. Khan was awarded with several awards at fifteenth Filmware Best Actor Nomination for his achievement in Ghajini movie. Aamir Khan major success movies were 3 idiots, Doom 3, PK, Dangal, all of which created big records. Khan got several awards & achievements for his excellence as his acting was the reason for the success of those movies.
Aamir Khan Awards & Achievements List
Aamir Khan is one of the most influential actor of Bollywood Film Industry. He is the man who can transform himself into any kind of role which is given to him. Whether a university student role (3 idiots) or a wrestler role (Dangal), or role given in Ghajini, he does his efforts to give the best. That is the main reason for success of his most of the films. Below are several Aamir Khan awards and achievements for his excellence acting in several movies.
- In 2003, Aamir Khan got Padma Shri (Fourth highest Civilian award) from Indian government.
- In 2010, Khan got Padma Bhushan (Third highest Civilian award) from Indian government.
Honorary Doctorate Award
- Because of distinguished contributions to Indian Cinema, Amir Khan got Honorary Doctorate degree from Maulana Azad National University in 2013.
National Film Awards
Amir Khan has four times won National film awards for his Lagaan, Madness, Qayamat se Qayamat Tak, & Taare Zameen Par films. These awards are the most prominent awards ceremonies in India.
Some Other Awards of Aamir Khan
- In 2001, Aamir Khan got Bollywood people choice award.
- In 2008, he got Planet Bollywood People’s Choice Award for best director for Taare Zameen Par.
- In 2008, Planet Bollywood People’s Choice Award for best supporting actor for Taare Zameen Par.
- In 2010, Annual Central European Bollywood Award for best actor for (3 idiots).
- In 2010, Cinematic Icon Award by GQ India.
- In 2014, Khan got ETC Bollywood Business Award for most profitable actor for Doom 3.
- In 2014, Khan also got ETC Bollywood Business Award for highest grossing actor for Doom 3.
Aamir Khan Honors
- In March 2001, Aamir Khan was ranked as third powerful Indian Fil Star by Forbes.
- Khan was called as Man of the year of 2001 by Bombay Times.
- In 2009, Aamir Khan received “Indian of The Year in Cinema” award by NDTV.
- In 2012, Khan was featured on the cover page of the TIME.
- In 2013, TIME magazine ranked Khan in the 100 most influential people of the world list.
- In 2017, Khan was given “National Treasure of the India” award by Chines government officials.